Friday 29 March 2013



Marbles Vintage - Amsterdam


Finding a small hidden gem in a bustling foreign city ranks highly on the feel-good chart. I was lucky to have this happen to me on a recent trip to Amsterdam. During a fairly aimless wander around the labyrinth that is the city centre, I stumbled upon a small vintage fashion shop called Marbles; so naturally I checked it out!

I didn't have to spend a lot of time looking around before finding this little beauty:


I hadn't gone looking for a satchel (nor did I need one), but it was inevitable I would be buying it. The price was £35 but the lovely girl looking after the shop said I could have it for £30 which was a cheeky bonus! I was drawn to this bag because it has a genuine authentic look to it. The leather is worn and the clip at the front is nice and grungy. Unfortunately the bag came without the strap but hopefully it won't take long to find a new one! 


Marbles is warm and welcoming; the juxtaposition of a modern unit in a city centre against the feeling you have just discovered a secret vintage paradise makes it very hard to leave. Despite the small floorspace, I could have spent the best part of my afternoon rummaging through rails of clothes. My partner was one step away from buying a leather jacket but managed to restrain himself (something I am not so skilled at when shopping!)

On leaving Marbles I can say I'm confident that I'll be visiting again; and would recommend it to vintage lovers all over the UK.  

Bye for now!
xx


1 comment:

  1. nice shop
    I'm in Amsterdam next weekend
    nice tip

    feel free to visit my blog
    http://atomic58.blogspot.be

    greets James Little

    ReplyDelete